This year we decided to introduce all our buyers to you at the same time. That way, if you want an expert, you’ll know exactly who to turn to in which store.
Gift Ideas on display in the picture above:
- Thing Explainer: Complicated Stuff in Simple Words – Randall Munroe
- Life on the Edge: The Coming Age of Quantum Biology – Jim Al-Khalili and Johnjoe McFadden
- Magicians of the Gods – Graham Hancock
- Career of Evil – Robert Galbraith
- I Am Pilgrim – Terry Hayes
- A Little History of the World – E. H. Gombrich
- The Edge of the World: How the North Sea Made Us Who We Are – Michael Pye
- Doctor Who: Impossible Worlds
- The World of Downton Abbey – Jessica Fellowes
- The Wikileaks Files: The World According to US Empire – Wikileaks
- Minecraft: The Complete Handbook Collection
- Assassin’s Creed: The Complete Visual History – Matthew Miller and Raphael Lacoste
What items from the list above do you want to highlight?
“Magicians of the Gods. This subject, alien influences, remains interesting because it’s still unexplained. I love watching those documentaries about aliens on TV myself, too.
“The Edge of the World by Michael Pye. He’s an English writer, but the great thing about this book that it spotlights every country that borders the North Sea, not just the UK.”
What soon-to-be-released title do people need to pre-order?
“The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakened, of course! And The Year of the Locust, the new Terry Hayes book. Although it looks like that’s just been pushed back indefinitely from the original end-of-2015 publication date.”
More buyers with their gift ideas will be presented on the blog every day. An overview post can be found here.