This year we decided to introduce all our buyers to you at the same time. That way, if you want an expert, you’ll know exactly who to turn to in which store.
Gift Ideas on display in the picture above:
- Pilcher’s Marijuana Miscellany – Tim Pilcher
- Man-Eater: The Life and Legend of an American Cannibal – Harold Schechter
- Congo: The Epic History of a People – David van Reybrouck
- The Truth – Neil Strauss
- This Changes Everything: Capitalism Vs. the Climate – Naomi Klein
- Steve Jobs – Walter Isaacson
- Swimming with Sharks – Joris Luyendijk
- The Big Short – Michael Lewis
- The Divine Spark: A Graham Hancock Reader – Graham Hancock
- So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed – Jon Ronson
What items from the list above do you want to highlight?
“Swimming with Sharks, a journalistic-anthropological investigation into why bankers cannot help being psychopaths. But then a bit more nuanced than that.
“Congo: The Epic History of a People. I really should read this because many people have said ‘you should read this’, ‘it is very well written and it is a very important subject’, and because my hero Arthur Conan Doyle already wrote about atrocities in the Congo. I really really should read this…but I haven’t yet. Shame on me!”
More buyers with their gift ideas will be presented on the blog every day. An overview post can be found here.